This is small guide on how to use Poedit to translate our plugin. For more info on translating our plugin, please see here.
To create a translation of our plugins, you can use a program called Poedit. Using the default .pot file that we provide, it’s quite simple to create a translation file in the language of your choice. You can do the following:
- The default .pot file is located in the languages folder in the plugin files. Download this file to your computer.
- If you don’t already have it, download and install Poedit.
- Open Poedit. Click File > Open and choose the .pot file you downloaded. Then click the Create new translation button
- It will prompt you to choose the language of your translation. Choose the appropriate one and click OK.
- Now, for each translatable string, you’ll be able to provide a translation in the Translation area.
- When you’re done, click File > Save As. It will default the name of the translation to the correct language and country code for your language (for example: fr_FR). Make sure you add restaurant-reservations- before the name (for example:
restaurant-reservations-fr_FR.po). Then save the file. This will create both the .po and .mo files.
- Upload these files to the languages folder. If you’d like us to include your translation in a future release of the plugin, please contact us.